Yes, I Am Alive!

Hello everyone! Yes, I am alive.  I can’t believe how busy the past two weeks have been for me. I am so sorry for not getting my blog posts up regularly.  We went on vacation, I had my mother/daughter weekend at the spa and then a few of us were sick.  So it’s been non-stop here in our household.  I just didn’t have the energy to blog at all.  Sorry!!!  Are you ready for one of my longest blog posts in history? Okay I know some of you will just look at the pictures but that’s okay.  I am trying to cram 2 1/2 weeks of family stuff into one giant post.
So where do I start?  Two weekends ago we headed out on our road trip to North Carolina and Virginia to visit some friends.  The car ride down to North Carolina actually went pretty smoothly.  The boys were entertained with movies, snacks, crayons and various other little toys.  My husband hid angry birds around the car, the kids sang some songs to us, they fought a bunch of times and they laughed a little too.  We stopped for the bathroom a few times, we stopped for gas, hash browns and ice cream. But overall the kids did great.  I was in complete shock.  We spent about 8 hours in the car on Saturday and we were so happy when we finally arrived at our friends house at almost 4pm.
We had a great two days catching up with everyone.  It had been way too long so there was a lot to chat about.  The boys had a great time playing with our friends kids and they especially loved the huge backyard and trampoline!  The kids bonded over their love for Angry Birds!
On Monday morning we packed up and started on our next drive over to Radford, Virgina.  This is where my husband went to college.  It was a rainy, overcast drive but by the time we arrived, it was pretty nice out!  We stopped off at one of my husbands college hangouts, Macado’s, for some lunch.  The boys were pretty wound up from the car ride so they didn’t want to sit for long.
We strolled around campus, hit up the book store and walked through some buildings so my hubby could reminisce about the “good old days”.  The boys had a blast running around with all of the college kids.  Things were going great until Ben found out that he is going to college one day and started to freak out.  He was so upset and said he didn’t want to go because mommy and daddy wouldn’t be there.  He asked a million questions and I think he would have had a panic attack if we didn’t change the subject.  Poor kid!
Hanging out at the Radford University bookstore! They were excited to get new Angry Birds.
Walking with daddy around campus.
After walking around Radford for a few hours, we got in the car and headed over to visit Virginia Tech {it was the day before the anniversary of the mass killings}. It was around this time that I started getting updates about the Boston bombings.  I was listening to some of the horrifying news stories.  Such a tragic event….
We didn’t get out at VT because the kids were getting hungry and were a bit tired of sitting in the car.  Sean actually fell asleep for a bit.  But I finally got to see what the campus looked like!
We headed to the hotel to get some rest for the night before our trip home the next day.  The boys enjoyed their new angry birds goods and some pizza!
Here’s a picture of the hotel bar!
Sean’s hotel room artwork!  The Super 8 inspired him to make this masterpiece.

Well we spent the night in Radford and woke up the next morning for our LONG car ride home.  And when I say long, I mean LONG!!!  It was quite an adventure.  The kids weren’t as interested in their games and toys, the TV wasn’t as exciting and they had to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes.  We would drive past and exit and no one had to go but within 2 minutes everyone had to go.  I think that we stopped at every gas station known to man in Virginia! We finally took a lunch break at Mrs. Rowe’s, where the boys enjoyed yet another meal of chicken fingers, fries and ice cream   After we got stuck in DC / Baltimore traffic it was smooth sailing to my moms house in Delaware.  We stopped there for a quick bite to eat and to stretch our legs before we headed back to NJ.

Overall the boys did wonderful! Yes, they had their moments but we survived.  No one jumped out of the car, no one got left behind in the hotel and Ben sure as heck didn’t enroll in college!

It was a quick week after we got back.  The kids had school Wed-Friday and then Saturday morning it was my time for some relaxation. Joey dropped me off at my moms house and he took the boys down to visit with his parents.  My mom, sister, niece and myself headed up to The Hotel Hershey & Spa.  God, I love that place so much.  It was a quick trip this time {just one night} but we made the most of it.  We have already done most of the stuff around Hershey so this time we really just stuck to the hotel grounds.  We all went down to the spa for some of our treatments.  I absolutely LOVED my massage! This is only the second massage that I have ever had and it was absolutely divine. I think next time I might splurge and either get a longer one or a cocoa one.
I love the chocolate bar at check-in!
After we all got pampered and relaxed, we went to Harvest for a delicious dinner.  Mmmmm cheesesteak fries!  They are so delicious and they better have them again next year when we go back!  We went to bed early, woke up for some more spa treatments before we packed up and hit the Chocolate Factory for some presents and lunch!
I honestly did not want to leave this spot on my bed – EVER!
The gorgeous view from our bathroom!
Ahhh quiet time at the spa!
After lunch at Chocolate World,  it was time to head home BOO!!!  Plus I knew I was going to be in for a rough couple of days when I got home.  Joey informed me that Sean had a fever and was sick the entire time that I was gone.  Sure enough he ran a fever for the next 2 days.  He missed school on Monday but was fine on Tuesday & Wednesday.  Then of course he woke up Thursday morning and couldn’t walk and he had a rash all over his body.  I went into panic mode… I mean my kids have had viruses but when your son can’t even stand up or walk it’s a bit terrifying.  Thankfully he was okay.  It was probably Fifths disease but by Friday he was fine.  A few doses of Motrin and the kid was back to walking and running and riding his bike.  Thank goodness!
This past weekend was a pretty busy one too!  Saturday we played outside all morning.  Joey cleaned up the yard and the boys rode their bikes around the neighborhood.   They were both so exhausted that they took 2 1/2 hour naps! What? Why don’t they ever do that for me during the week?   After naps, we headed over to our friends house for some great food and conversation!  I took the boys home while the rest of the adults watched a movie {well I think a few people actually slept through it – not naming any names – JOEY}.
Sunday, the boys got new haircuts, we all went to the gym for a quick workout, then we headed over to Great Adventure to get our new Season Pass IDs.  We had to stand in line for over an hour to get the passes so we didn’t go on too many rides today but we have all summer long to do that.  Here’s to another summer of sweating in a theme park! I can’t wait.   Look how cute and crazy they look in their pictures!
 Ben’s prize and our new drink cups for the season!!!!!

And that brings us to the end of my two weeks! Did you survive this post? Who is still here? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?   I don’t know if I have ever written something so long in my life {besides my high school term paper on the Elizabethan Era}.  Thanks for sticking by me while I took a brief hiatus!  I hope to be back regularly this week!  I have to get back into the swing of things!

Oh and I have a few fun product reviews to share with you too!  So please be on the lookout for those! Oh and one other thing…. I have a new blog design coming soon! I am working with Andrea at AKay Web Design. The new page is coming along quite nicely! Oh and I will be making the switch from Blogger to WordPress too!
Have a great week everyone!!!


  1. Awesome two weeks with a few bumps in the road, but think that is to be expected with kids. Sorry how sick Sean was and feel for you Erin, especially after how sick Emma had been this past winter. Just glad you are back and can’t wait to see the new blog design!! 🙂

  2. Wow was a long post but you guys seemed to have a blast and its going to be sad seeing you leave blogger.

Speak Your Mind